So, I've been working away on it....watching TV shows on my iPad in the background! :)
I bought the Lorax fabric (from Robert Kaufman Fabrics) in the earth color story - but, they also have it in brights too. It came with 9 fat quarters and a panel with 10 squares on it. I wanted to cut up the panel in some way, so I chose to make some wonky squares. I added to those some additional wonky squares - some with 1 border and some with 2 borders. I will post more on how I did it when the quilt is finished.
I now have the 36 squares done, just need to trim them down to the same size and sew them together. You can see I have started that on the bottom row. They are more like rectangles than squares - 9" x 12.5" is what I am trimming them down to.
Hoping to get it off to the quilter by this weekend. We'll see how well I do with that! I've learned that I can't keep projects laid out on the floor for too long before they get thrown all over the basement by the kids. Then, I have to start arranging again - after I find all the pieces - and it never seems to go together the 2nd time around. Besides, I can't procrastinate too long - otherwise, I'll get stuck buying more toys for his birthday present instead!