Monday, March 5, 2012

Puppy Blankie

I've had this baby blanket sitting just waiting for binding for quite a while now.  My Granny (who I talked about here) wanted to make a quilt for each of my boys.  At the end of her life, she just wasn't able to get many quilts finished - although she always thought she could still do it! :)


She picked this puppy fabric out, which was already pieced together in squares when she bought it.  It is part of the Peek-a-boo collection by Springs Creative Products, which you can still find here.



It isn't a high end fabric, but still very cute and perfect for a little boy.  I ordered this polka dot pattern from Fabric.com for the binding.


I mentioned that I thought that ric-rac would be cute on it - so, she decided to add that too.  My Mom helped put it together and Granny had it machine quilted.


All that was left was the binding, which I just finished recently.  I actually got this quilt before she passed away, and was planning on having her sign a label to add to the back.  But, unfortunately, she passed away before I was able to take it to her.  So, it isn't signed by her, but still very special to have a quilt that she helped with for my youngest son.


There is a white minky dot on the back, which makes it so comfy and cozy for my son.  The quilter added overlapping circles around each square.  
  

I know this will be a treasured baby blanket for my son!


1 comment:

  1. It is so special to have these treasured keepsakes from loved ones! And, it is a passion that you both shared, which makes it all the more. Wonderful that you were able to complete it for the little guy...

    ReplyDelete